- Nika Nikoubin has been charged with attempted murder, two counts of battery and burglary of a business
- Nika Nikoubin told detectives she only wanted to hurt the man, not kill him
- Nika Nikoubin and the man agreed to meet at the Sunset Station Hotel and Casino in Henderson
- Police said Nika Nikoubin stabbed him in the neck for revenge for the killing of Qassem Soleimani in 2020
- Qassem Soleimani had been responsible for the Islamic Republic’s foreign operations
- The US military killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, at the direction of President Donald Trump, Friday, Jan. 3, 2020
LAS VEGAS – A woman stabbed her date, whom she had met online, in retaliation for the 2020 death of an Iranian military leader killed in an American drone strike, police said.
Nika Nikoubin, 21, has been charged with attempted murder, battery with a deadly weapon and burglary. She is being held on $60,000 bail.
Nikoubin and the man — whom she met on the dating website Plenty of Fish — agreed to meet at the Sunset Station Hotel and Casino in Henderson, on March 5, renting a room together, police in the city near Las Vegas said.
The victim picked her up from her home and drove her to the hotel.
Nikoubin apparently took a shower to freshen up and then went to the lobby to get orange juice to put in the alcohol the victim brought, according to the police report.
They pair both drank and then began having sex, Nikoubin climbed on top of the victim and put a blindfold on the man before turning off the lights.
Nikoubin reportedly stabbed the man in the neck “for revenge against U.S. troops for the killing of Qassem Soleimani in 2020,” police wrote in a report.
U.S. forces killed Soleimani, a top general in Iran’s military, in a drone strike in January 2020. Soleimani headed the expeditionary Quds Force of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps. responsible for the Islamic Republic’s foreign operations. The strike drew a vow of “crushing revenge” from Iran.
After the stabbing, the man pushed Nikoubin off of him and ran out of the room to call 911, police said.
Nikoubin also ran out of the room, telling a hotel employee that she had just stabbed a man, police said.
When talking to police, Nikoubin told an investigator “she wanted revenge,” police said. She said she had listened to a song called “Grave Digger,” which “gave her the motivation… to carry out her revenge.”
The man’s current condition was not available, the Las Vegas Review Journal reported.
Nikoubin is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing March 24, the newspaper said, It’s not clear if she has a lawyer yet.
The U.S. Defense Department blamed Soleimani for the deaths of hundreds of Americans, and said he was behind recent attacks on coalition bases in Iraq, including one in December 2019 that killed an American defense contractor.
Source: CBS News/AP