The University of East Anglia has established the Sonny Mehta Writers Scholarship in the United Kingdom for the academic year 2022-2023 to assist bright students in creating poetry of publishable quality.
Students from Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and other international nations are eligible to apply for this scholarship, which will cover the cost of an MA in Creative Writing: Prose, Poetry, or Scriptwriting at the University of East Anglia. One £28,500 scholarship will be given out.
The University of East Anglia, founded in 1963, is a public research university in Norwich, England, that is routinely ranked in the top 30 of UK university league tables such as The Times/Sunday Times 2021. The Times Good University Guide 2017 ranked the university 12th, while The Complete University Guide 2019 placed it 14th.
Why should you come to the University of East Anglia to study? UEA is a world-renowned institution with a campus that has world-class academic, social, and cultural amenities. It is a world-class research university with a vast, international, and multicultural community that values and embraces difference. The university’s aim is to better understand, empower, and act in order to improve people’s lives and communities’ prospects in a constantly changing world.
UEA Sonny Mehta Writers Scholarship
- United Kingdom
- University of East Anglia
- The University of East Anglia was founded in 1963 and is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the suburbs of Norwich (population range of 50,000-249,999), in the East of England. University of East Anglia (UEA) is a major (uniRank enrollment range: 15,000-19,999 students) coeducational higher education institution that is officially authorized and/or recognized by the Privy Council.
- Eligible Countries:
- Students from Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and other international countries are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the MA Creative Writing:
- Prose, Poetry, or Scriptwriting programme offered at the University of East Anglia.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must demonstrate outstanding writing potential.
- The University of East Anglia will provide the selected student a sum of £28,500 to pursue their MA studies.
- How to Apply:
- Students must apply for admission via the postgraduate application portal of the university.
- Scholarship application form must be submitted separately to be considered for the award.
- Supporting Documents:
- The students are required to submit academic transcripts, bachelor’s degree certification, CV, etc.
- Admission Requirements:
- The applicants must meet the general entry requirements of postgraduate taught degrees of the university and must have a 2:1 bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS: 7.0
- PTE (Pearson): 76
Deadline: June 1, 2022
Source: University of East Anglia