International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries.
The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
Entitlements: The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF arranges economy class, return tickets for the most-direct flights to and from Taiwan.
- Housing: All students must reside in student dormitories.
- Tuition fees: The TaiwanICDF covers tuition fees as required by a student’s university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary with the number of credits registered, are also covered as required by a student’s university.
- Insurance: In addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accident and medical coverage while in Taiwan. The TaiwanICDF covers insurance fees for the entire duration of a student’s program.
- Textbook costs: The costs of textbooks purchased as required by instructors are covered by the TaiwanICDF, subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute.
- Undergraduate Program: Each student receives NT$12,000/₱22,214.374 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
- Master’s Program: Each student receives NT$15,000/₱27,767.968 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis.
- Ph.D. Program: Each student receives NT$17,000/₱31,472.343 per month as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. This is deposited into a student’s local bank account on a monthly basis. A student’s host institute may offer to continue paying this monthly allowance for courses exceeding four years; the duration and amount will be determined by the host institute.
- Be a citizen of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteriaestablished by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
- Neither be a national of the Republic of China (Taiwan) nor an
overseas compatriot student.
- Satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the TaiwanICDF has the right to revoke a scholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
- Upon accepting a TaiwanICDF scholarship, not hold any other
ROC (Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the Taiwan Scholarship) in the same academic year in which the TaiwanICDF scholarship would be due to commence.
- Not be applying for another TaiwanICDF scholarship in unbroken succession —to apply for a 2022 scholarship, applicants who have already held a TaiwanICDF scholarship, MOFA’s Taiwan Scholarship or an MOE scholarship must have graduated before July 31, 2021.
- Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan)
government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
The TaiwanICDF has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with 22 partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program. In 2022, there are 34 programs offered for TaiwanICDF Scholarship application.
The application is from January 1 to March 15, 2022.