Join the Reel-silience Contest: Celebrate National Disaster Resilience Month with a Bang
Disaster resilience plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and well-being of individuals and communities. As we celebrate National Disaster Resilience Month in July, the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) is inviting Senior High School students across the Philippines to participate in the exciting Reel-Silience Contest. This contest provides an opportunity for young minds to showcase their creativity and contribute to building a stronger Filipino well-being towards disaster resilience.
Calling all aspiring filmmakers and creative minds! July is National Disaster Resilience Month, and what better way to raise awareness and showcase your talent than by participating in the Reel-silience Contest? Open to all Senior High School Students in the Philippines, this exciting competition provides an opportunity to create impactful video reels aligned with the theme of “BIDAng Pilipino: Building a Stronger Filipino Well-being towards Disaster Resilience.” So, grab your mobile phones and get ready to unleash your creativity!
Read on to find out more about the contest details, guidelines, and exciting prizes! To ensure fair participation and adherence to guidelines, the contest has laid out the following mechanics:
- Eligibility: The competition is open to all Senior High School Students (Grades 11-12) residing in any region of the Philippines, except for relatives of the NDRM TWG and OCD employees up to their first degree of consanguinity or affinity.
- Theme: Your video reels must revolve around the NDRM 2023 theme of “BIDAng Pilipino: Building a Stronger Filipino Well-being towards Disaster Resilience.” Let your creative juices flow as you explore innovative ways to convey the importance of disaster resilience.
- Captivating Captions: Along with your video reel, provide a short caption not exceeding 40 words. Use either English or Filipino as the language of your choice to capture the essence of your creation.
- Originality is the Key: To keep the competition fresh and engaging, previously published works are not eligible for submission. It’s your chance to bring a unique perspective to the table!
- Technical Specifications: Film your video reels using mobile phones, ensuring a maximum duration of one (1) minute. Basic color correction is permitted, but heavy video editing is strictly prohibited. Submit your entries in MP4 format with a size of 1080px by 1920px.
- Submission Process: Email your entries to CBTS-ITAD Advocacy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: REEL-SILIENCE_PARTICIPANTS’ FULL NAME. Alongside your reel, attach a photocopy of your school ID and enrollment certification for verification purposes.
- Recognition and Ceremony: If your work is selected, you will be invited to attend the prestigious Closing Ceremony of NDRM 2023, providing an opportunity to showcase your talent and dedication to disaster resilience.
- Submission Timeline: The competition will run from June 12 to July 7, 2023. Make sure to submit your entries before the deadline on June 30, 2023, through the provided email.
- Usage Rights: By submitting an entry, participants agree to allow the Office of Civil Defense to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the winning or non-winning entries for marketing, educational, and promotional purposes across various media platforms.
- Judging Process: The decision of the judges selected by the OCD shall be final and irrevocable. Three winners will be chosen per DRRM component, ensuring recognition for outstanding contributions.
The winners of the Reel-silience Contest will be rewarded as follows:
- 1st Place: PHP 12,000.00 and a prestigious Plaque of Recognition
- 2nd Place: PHP 10,000.00 and a Certificate of Recognition
- 3rd Place: PHP 8,000.00 and a Certificate of Recognition
Note: All cash prizes shall be subject to government accounting, auditing rules, and regulations.
Criteria for Judging
|Relevance to the theme||How well the video reels interpret the theme?||25%|
|Creativity and Originality||How the participant showed some creative thoughts. How the subject matter is pictured in a unique and interesting way?||25%|
|Technical Qualities||Use of elements such as cinematography. Whether the photo showed balance in light, focus, depth of field, etc.||25%|
|Overall Impact||Whether the video was able to grab and hold the viewers’ attention. Is there a “wow” factor?||25%|
Are you ready to make a difference and showcase your filmmaking skills? Join the Reel-silience Contest and be part of the National Disaster Resilience Month. Use your creativity to raise awareness and promote disaster resilience among fellow Filipinos.
Remember, the deadline is approaching, so grab your mobile phone, unleash your storytelling talents, and submit your impactful video reels for a chance to win exciting prizes and recognition. Let your voice be heard and make a positive impact on your community through the power of filmmaking!
Courtesy: Civil Defense PH