Thursday, August 11, 2022
HomeUncategorizedPNP sought minds behind 'fake news' on sabungero deaths

PNP sought minds behind ‘fake news’ on sabungero deaths

-

MANILA, PHILIPPINES – Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Gen. Dionardo Bernardo Carlos said he has ordered to track down the people behind a disinformation attempt to muddle the ongoing probe into the alleged disappearance of at least 31 sabungeros (cockfighting aficionados).

As per report by PhilStar Global, Brig. Gen. Roderick Augustus Alba, the PNP’s public information officer said that the investigators are working to identify the people behind a Facebook post showing images of police officers conducting a crime scene investigation on several bodies.

“The apparent attempt to derail the investigation was uncovered in a social media post showing images of PNP-SOCO (Scene of the Crime Operative) personnel conducting crime scene investigation on several bodies,” Alba said in a statement.

On Wednesday, a Facebook page called Netizens Arrest posted photographs of corpses that it claimed belonged to some of the missing sabungeros.

According to Alba, the images were taken during the investigation of an ambush incident in Guindulungan, Maguindanao, last February 12. They were among the nine people killed and three injured.

As of February 25, afternoon, Netizens Arrest had not removed its post.

Alba stated that the PNP condemns such acts of disinformation because they not only add to the anguish of the missing persons’ families, but also serve to mislead police investigators who are working to solve the case of the missing sabungeros.

There were also rumors on social media platforms that the bodies had been discovered in Tanay, Rizal.

“The author of this disinformation will himself be investigated for his actions and possible link to the case of the missing persons,” Alba added.

Related articles

Stay Connected

138,422FansLike
8,530FollowersFollow
361,888FollowersFollow
8,971SubscribersSubscribe

Latest posts