Do you want to get involved in community projects and teamwork? Then, for the academic year 2022-2023, you can look into the PhD options provided for the MEDIT/ACI PhD Scholarships for overseas students.
This scholarship application is aimed for international candidates interested in the Ibn Haldun University’s Doctoral Program in Civilization Studies. To be considered for the scholarship, students must apply before the deadline. Tuition will be covered, and Research Assistants and Teaching Assistants will receive a monthly stipend.
Ibn Haldun University is a university in Istanbul with a motto of intellectual freedom. It is a good choice for pursuing a PhD degree in Turkey. Both Eastern and Western learning and scholarship are valued at the university. In the World 2021 rankings, Ibn Haldun University is ranked 153rd in Turkey and 7852nd globally.
Why should you go to Ibn Haldun University to study? Through the production of real knowledge and viewpoints, Ibn Haldun University aspires to be an international authority and pioneer in the social sciences. The university is an international social science research institution that welcomes all forms of knowledge and places a premium on societal contribution.
MEDIT/ACI PhD International Scholarships
- Ibn Haldun Üniversitesi
- Ibn Haldun Üniversitesi (Ibn Haldun University) is a non-profit private higher education institution in Istanbul that was founded in 2015. (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants). Ibn Haldun Üniversitesi is a coeducational higher education institution that has been officially authorized and/or recognized by the YK – Yüksekögretim Kurulu (YK – Council of Higher Education).
Criteria of Eligibility
- Applicants from all countries throughout the world are able to apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects:
- Students can apply to the Ibn Haldun University’s Doctoral Program in Civilization Studies.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- Applicants must be international students who filed their applications before the deadline, which is May 22, 2022.
- As Research Assistants and Teaching Assistants, the PhD candidates selected by Ibn Haldun University will get full or partial tuition cost reimbursement and a monthly salary of Php 12,380.70-14,856.84 (3500-4200 TL).
Process of the Application
- To apply, students must first log into the university portal.
- Students that meet the award conditions will be chosen automatically.
- Documents to Support Your Application: Students must provide the following documents to the university:
- Passport Credentials Page
- Residency Permit the kamet (if available)
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- Copies of all undergraduate and graduate diplomas and transcripts (the recommenders you add to the application system will receive requests to upload letters of recommendation on your behalf.)
- A writing sample
- A statement of purpose (single-spaced, two pages maximum, English)
- Admission Requirements:
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.00 and have successfully completed all required courses at the department they are enrolled in (PhD: 264 ECTS).
- Students must provide scores from the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 84
- CAE, CPE, PTE Academic, or YDS equivalent
Deadline of the Application
- May 22,2022