Sunday, August 14, 2022
HomeUncategorizedDavao city mayor officially bids goodbye to Davaoeños

Davao city mayor officially bids goodbye to Davaoeños

-

DAVAO CITY (Syndicated Content) — Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio has formally stepped down from her post as she takes on “the bigger challenge” of running for vice president in this year’s national elections.

During her last and 6th state of the city address, Duterte-Carpio said: “I have been called to join the race for a bigger challenge. This is a challenge that gives me the opportunity to spread my wings wider, to soar higher, and reach new heights—with the support of our fellow Filipinos—for our beloved country.”

Earlier in her speech, the mayor recalled her biggest landslide victory in 2010, when she took over for her father, then-mayor President Rodrigo Duterte.

During her first term, she reflected on the historical “honor” of being the position’s first female and youngest ever elected.

“They say it’s hard for us to break the glass ceiling — but in Davao City, where we say ‘Life is Here’, we have been breaking that glass ceiling all this time,” she said. “It was a historic moment not only for me, but for every Dabawenya who dared, worked hard, and succeeded.”

She expressed pride in the LGU’s accomplishments over the last six years, claiming 118 awards and recognitions for the city, and expressed confidence that whoever leads the city next will continue and surpass her legacy.

This election includes 4 candidates for mayor, including Duterte-younger Carpio’s brother, Sebastian “Baste” Duterte.

Duterte-Carpio is presidential candidate Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s running mate.

Source: ABS-CBN News

Related articles

Stay Connected

138,422FansLike
8,530FollowersFollow
361,888FollowersFollow
8,971SubscribersSubscribe

Latest posts