The Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific (MAAP) is today one of the best maritime schools in the Philippines.
It provides high-quality maritime education and training for its cadets, making it one of the best sailors in the world.
MAAP is a non-profit maritime institution owned and managed by the Philippine Naval Officers and the Mariners Union (AMOSUP).
At Kamaya Point, Alas-Asin, Mariveles, Bataan, MAAP offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Transportation and a Bachelor of Science degree in Marine Engineering.
For you to be a student here, you must pass the MAAP Entrance Exam. If you are interested, read and accomplish everything.
Benefits of Being a Cadet in MAAP
- Scholarship grant
- Freeboard and lodging
- Insured while enrolled in the Academy
- In-house shipboard training
- Personality, character, and leadership development through physical fitness, emotional literacy, NROTC, and varied extracurricular activities
- Use of modern equipment and facilities
- Gainful employment onboard modern vessels of foreign shipping companies
- Male or Female, Single
- Natural Born Filipino
- Physically fit
- Morally upright and has no derogatory record
- Born from 01-January-1999 to 31-December-2004
- Applicants must possess any of the following eligibilities;
- High School Graduates (old basic education curriculum)
- College Level/ Graduate
- Senior High School Graduate/ Graduating Student
- ALS Passer
- Minimum height of 5 ft. 4 in. (162.5 cm) for MALE and 5 ft. 2 in. (157.5 cm) for FEMALE applicants
- Has a GPA of at least 83%
- Has never been officially admitted at MAAP
- Recent colored picture
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of Diploma, if graduate from High School-Basic Education Curriculum, Senior High School, College, or ALS
- Copy of Certification of Registration or Registration Form, if College Level
- Copy of Certificate of Enrollment that you are currently enrolled in Grade 12, if Senior High School graduating student
- Copy of Alternative Learning System (ALS) Certificate of Rating, with a remarks “Eligible for College Admission”
- Copy of School ID
- Copy of latest School Report Card with at least has a GPA of 83%
- Payment of non-refundable processing fee of Php 300.00 in cash or through bank deposit payable to MAAP
- Click this link for the “Online MAAP Midshipman Application Form“.
- Upload his/her picture, application requirements.
- Receive a notification of his/her application status through the email that he/she provided.
- Receive MAAP eTestPermit through the email you provided. Please note that your MAAP eTestPermit will be issued to you within 1 to 3 working days for verification purposes.
- Click the link provided on your email using your MAAP eTestPermit Number and Birthdate. Then register the required details.
- Present the MAAP eTestPermit and Confirmation Receipt on your designated testing venue during your day of examination. Please note that MAAP will NOT entertain any applicant whose name is not included on the scheduled date of examination.
- Pay Php 300.00 processing fee in cash on the day of your examination. Please prepare an exact amount to limit the physical contact.
- Undergo health and safety protocols prior entering the premises:
- Wear face mask and face shield inside the premises at all times.
- Submit their selves for temperature scanning. The maximum allowed body temperature shall be 37.5 degree Celsius.
- Answer MAAP Health Declaration Form.
- Observe physical distancing of 1 meter and above at all times.
- We advise all applicants to bring their own alcohol/hand sanitizers.
- Affix your signature on the Attendance Sheet.
REMINDER: Parents/guardians are NOT allowed inside the testing venue/premises, and are also prohibited to stay outside the premises to avoid congestion or any form of gatherings. Parents/guardians are only allowed to drop-off or pick-up their sons/daughters on the venue.
WALK-IN APPLICANTS are strictly NOT allowed.
Kindly visit the MAAP Website at www.maap.edu.ph for the Online Midshipman Application Form, Admission and Qualification Requirements, and Admission Procedure, and other more.
REFERENCE/S: MAAP Website