Joan Cogswell Donner Field School Scholarships in the United States are presently accepting applications for the school year 2022/2023. The Leakey Foundation is offering the program. Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a developing nation with insufficient educational resources. This award covers up to $2,000 in field school tuition for students from low-income countries to help them get experience in fieldwork linked to human origins research.
A fantastic opportunity to receive financial aid in the United States. Dr. Louis S.B. Leakey, a pioneering scientist and an ardent promoter of science outreach, founded the Foundation in 1968 to fund his work. The Leakey Foundation is a non-profit dedicated to sponsoring human origins research and disseminating the findings through creative educational programs. The Foundation encourages an interdisciplinary approach to human origins research. Why should you consider studying at the Leakey Foundation? The Leakey Foundation allows the general population to learn about scientific breakthroughs firsthand. They also fund graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in genetics, paleoanthropology, and primatology from nations with poor academic prospects.
Leakey Foundation Donner Field School International Scholarships
- United States
- Leakey Foundation
Criteria of Eligibility
- All nationalities are eligible to participate.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: The university offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in archaeology, paleoanthropology, and primatology techniques.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- Recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a developing country with insufficient educational resources.
- Students from these nations may also enroll in undergraduate or graduate programs at universities outside of their home countries.
- For one field school season, winners will get up to $2,000 per kid. The Foundation will consider increasing the number of scholarships per school if field school fees are less than $2,000 per student. Travel expenditures to and from the field school, as well as any expenses associated with field school participation, may be covered with funds. All money must be managed by the field school.
Process of the Application
- How to Apply: The director of the field school must submit the application (Host Sponsor). After that, applicants must email their documents as a single-page PDF on official letterhead to with the subject “Field School Scholarship.” After that, we’ll send you a link to complete the application.
- Documents to Support Your Application: Applicants must submit an essay on the following topics:
- Please outline the Donner scholar’s training program. This should contain information on how Donner academics can interact with international players.
- Please explain why this student would be a suitable fit for the field school, including his or her present academics, future plans, and so on. You may include all kids in this document if you are asking funds for more than one student.
- How much does tuition cost in total? What exactly does it include? What are the additional costs associated with field school attendance? What additional financial resources are available?
- Applicants must have a previous degree certificate with them while applying.
- Students must demonstrate that they can communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- This scholarship will be available all year. Apply whenever you want.
Source: Leakey Foundation