LANDBANK Scholarship – Students in the Philippines have a variety of options for paying their school fees, including receiving money after applying for a student scholarship. These scholarships are usually safe, as they are intended to help students pay for their studies and purchase learning materials. In addition, student scholarships vary by country, with tight restrictions governing financial and renegotiating funding. When a student qualifies for a scholarship, he or she can get either private or federal financial assistance.
Eligibility for these scholarships can be decided by a number of factors, including the student’s financial need. The following article provides details on one of the most popular scholarships in the Philippines: the LANDBANK Scholarship
Approximately 8,000 LANDBANK employees provide charitable donations from their salaries to sponsor this education-to-employment initiative. This contribution is usually made once a year on the last working days, and it provides earnings equivalent to an hour’s income. In addition, the LANDBANK receives an equal share of total funds from education initiatives, allowing it to support 110 scholars each year.
Agriculture students enrolled in the 17 partner public universities and colleges are normally eligible for this scholarship program. The LANDBANK scholarship includes an education to employment program, internship possibilities for recipients preparing for graduation, and the preservation of agriculture-related jobs for scholars following their scholastic term.
Students typically participate in a 10-week placement program after successfully completing their program, which includes three weeks of seminars, lectures, personality development, and professional growth activities.
LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program 2022-2023
- Benguet State University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Isabela State University
- Central Luzon State University
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB)
- Marinduque State College
- Central Bicol State University of Agriculture
- UP Visayas (Mag-ao Campus)
- Negros Oriental State University
- Bohol Island State University
- Visayas State University
- Jose Rizal Memorial State University
- Central Mindanao State University
- University of Southeastern Philippines
- University of Southern Mindanao
- Surigao del Sur State University
- Mindanao State University
Benefits of LANDBANK 2022-2023 Scholarship
- Below are the scholarship program incentives under LANDBANK Gawad Patnubay Scholarship Program:
- 100% subsidy for tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Book allowance
- Research grant/thesis funding
- Licensure review and examination subsidy
- Financial award for honor students from Php 30,000 to Php 50,000 cash incentive
- 10-week Education-to-Employment (E2E):
- 3 weeks capacity building at the LANDBANK Head Office
- 7 weeks field internship
- Assisting the scholars in securing employment in LANDBANK or partner institutions
Eligibility Criteria of LANDBANK Scholarship
- The applicant should be a Filipino citizen, with a recognized repayment capability, and should be of legal age.
- If the principal applicant is 60 years old or more without a recognized repayment capability, a co-applicant is therefore required.
- The applicant should have undergone preliminary screening measures of partner colleges and universities, submitted required documents, and undergone preliminary interviews.
- The applicant should be a permanent occupant or have lived in that area of residence for a minimum period of 2 years plus should have a good and recognized credit standing history.
- Must be a student undertaking either BS fisheries, BS agriculture, or any associated agriculture course.
- Should at least come from a family that receives a yearly total income that does not go beyond PHP 150,000.00 as detailed in their Income Tax Return.
- The applicant should not be a beneficiary of other financial assistance, scholarships, or grants from other sources like foundations and government scholarships.
- The applicant can also be dependent on the active cooperative members in small fishers and farmers that are currently being supported by LANDBANK or LCDFI, or of Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries (ARBS) and Agrarian Reform Communities (ARCS).
How to Apply?
- Students who passed the admission exams or are presently enrolled in one of the 17 partner institutions and completing an agriculture-related course may submit the application form together with all other prerequisites to the appropriate University Student Affairs Office by the specified deadline.
- Download the application form.
- The requirements upon submission are the following:
- Duly filled-out scholarship application form
- Photocopy of the certified true copy of birth certificate PSA certified birth certificate
- Two 2”x 2” ID photos
- Medical certificate
- Photocopy of recent ITR of parents or BIR certificate of tax exemption
- Certified true copy of grades:
- Secondary student’s permanent records or Form 137 with a GWA of not less than 85 or its equivalent and no failing marks in any subject for incoming 1st year; and supporting document/s showing that the applicant has passed the partner school’s entrance exam.
- For entering 2nd to 3rd year college students: a summary of grades with a GWA of 2.5 per semester or equivalent in any course and no grade below 3.0 or similar in any subject.
- Certificate of good moral character coming from the school or university’s Office of Student Affairs
- One letter of recommendation from a previous teacher/professor
- Current resumé and list of activities, awards, and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- Barangay clearance from the applicant’s home barangay