For the academic year 2022/2023, the House of Human Sciences Foundation (FMSH) is establishing a new program called International Research Scholarships in the Social and Human Sciences. This scholarship intends to assist the establishment or strengthening of worldwide research networks in order to help scientific communities become more organized, collaborate, and make their work more visible.
International students can benefit from financial assistance in France. Hurry up! Apply right away. The Foundation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) was founded in Paris in 1963 by Fernand Braudel to fund research and knowledge transmission in the humanities and social sciences. The Foundation promotes the exchange of experts and knowledge while encouraging creative research and multidisciplinary debate. It has a wide range of programs that promote national and international collaboration between researchers and institutions, as well as incoming and outgoing researcher mobility and the formation of research networks on critical public issues.
International Research Scholarships
The scholarship is Funded by
- Foundation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH)
Criteria of Eligibility
- All nationalities are eligible to participate.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: The institution offers a research degree in social and human sciences.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- Researchers from all disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, as well as research centers, are eligible to apply.
- The coordinator must be connected to or linked with a French research institution or higher education institution that will host the project for the duration of its existence.
- Doctoral students, post-doctoral fellows, and researchers without a French or international affiliation may make up the rest of the network.
- All of the following perks will be provided by the university:
- Financial assistance is provided for two to three years at a total cost of between 5,000 and 30,000 euros.
- This funding is intended to cover expenditures associated with the network’s operations (travel, meetings, seminars, and so on), but not salaries or personnel costs.
- The FMSH and the network coordinator’s institution will work out a financial agreement.
Process of the Application
- FMSH accepts applications through its online application portal, which leads to the Project workspace. The admission applications of students will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be included in the application file:
- A detailed description of the network (maximum 10,000 characters) that includes the network’s composition, scientific project, and planned activities;
- CVs, including publications, of the coordinator and team members (maximum three pages per CV)
- a bibliography for the project;
- A tentative budget with a comprehensive schedule (activities may start in January 2023 at the earliest)
- Applicants must have a master’s degree certificate to be considered for admission.
- Language Requirement: Students must demonstrate that they can communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Applicants must submit their applications by 5:00 p.m. on June 10, 2022. (French time).