The Honjo International Foundation Scholarships are being offered by the University of Tokyo to help outstanding candidates in Japan for the academic year 2022-2023. This program’s primary goal is to encourage Japanese and international students to pursue master’s and doctorate degrees. International students who are currently enrolled in a graduate school in Japan or who plan to start in September 2022 are eligible to apply.
This is an incredible opportunity for you to fund your education in Japan. The University of Tokyo is a public research university in Japan that is ranked first in the country. Tokyo aspires to develop world leaders with a strong sense of civic responsibility and a pioneering spirit, as well as profound specialization and comprehensive knowledge.
Why should you go to the University of Tokyo to study? The University of Tokyo is a leading national university that collaborates with society to push the boundaries of human knowledge. It is also regarded as Japan’s most selective and renowned institution. UTokyo offers its students unique experiences through a variety of learning methods, and it aims to convey the kind of practical knowledge that today’s employers value.
Honjo International Foundation Scholarships
- The University of Tokyo
- The University of Tokyo was founded in 1877 and is a non-profit public higher education institution located in Tokyo’s urban setting (population range of over 5,000,000 inhabitants). There are other branch campuses in the following locations: Komaba, Kashiwa. The University of Tokyo (TODAI) is a major (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution that is officially accredited and/or recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan.
- The university will provide all the following benefits at the university:
- Duration of 1-2 years with 200,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 3 years with 180,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 4-5 years with 150,000 JPY/month
- Eligible Countries:
- Japanese and international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects:
- Masters or Doctoral program offered by the University of Tokyo.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Privately financed international students enrolled in a graduate school in Japan in September 2022 or planned to enroll in September 2022.
- Doctoral Course students starting/ having started their course before becoming 35 years old; Master’s Course Students before becoming 30 years old.
- Those who can communicate well in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
- How to Apply:
- Students must submit an admission application for the designated program. After that, they must follow the steps to apply for this funding opportunity.
- Supporting Documents:
- Candidates must submit a CV, academic certificates, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Requirements:
- For admission, applicants must have a previous degree from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement:
- The students are required to have Japanese and English language skills.
- June 1, 2022