All international students with outstanding academic records are eligible for the merit-based Singapore International Graduate Award 2023. The SINGA program draws brilliant minds from around the world to Singapore’s top universities to pursue their doctoral studies. Under this international, fully-funded scholarship opportunity in one of the academically most developed nations, all graduates may pursue their PhD in the field of science and technology. This international graduate award is a full-time research scholarship that enables fellows to thrive in their chosen fields of research by providing them with top-notch mentors and peers.
SINGA seeks to attract students from a variety of backgrounds and aids Singapore in developing into a talent hub. SINGA acts as a bridge between Singapore and the world’s top thinkers. Universities including Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, Singapore Management University, and the Singapore University of Technology offer PhD programs to students worldwide. This is so because these universities and the Agency for Science collaborated to create the Singapore International Graduate Award. Therefore, we heartily welcome candidates for this grant who have a keen interest in conducting research leading to a PhD in science or engineering.
Because it offers PhD program immediately following the conclusion of the bachelor’s degree, this fully-funded doctorate fellowship in Singapore is a distinctive program. Furthermore, there is no requirement that students who have completed their master’s degree not apply; rather, the SINGA opportunity allows those students to continue on to their PhD with the exception of a few of the courses that students who have completed their bachelor’s degree must take in order to complete their PhD. In order to enable SINGA to realize its vision of bringing together talents from around the world and fostering collaborations, foreign scholarships are offered in Singapore. The fact that the SINGA fellows demonstrate the partnership goal of the organization.
Singapore International Graduate Award 2023
- A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, or SUTD.
The Scholarship is Offered By:
- The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research in Singapore is providing the scholarship.
Level of Courses
Duration of Course
- 4 Years.
- The honorees’ entire tuition is paid for by SINGA.
- A monthly stipend of S$2,000 will be given to the fellows.
- After passing the initial exam, the monthly pay will be raised to S$ 2500.
- A one-time airfare stipend of up to S$1500 will be given to the fellow.
- A one-time settlement stipend of $1,000 will be given to the fellows.
- Up to S$1,000 will be offered as the moving-in allowance.
Criteria of Eligibility
- International students are required to apply.
- A bachelor’s degree must have been earned by the applicants.
- The candidates must have top academic standing.
- The candidate must have a strong command of the English language.
- The English language proficiency required by SINGA can be determined during the interview without the need for a special certificate. However, each university may have its own requirements, including an English Language Certificate.
- Candidates who are Singaporeans or who have already finished their tertiary study in Singapore are not eligible to apply. These applicants are ineligible to apply for the master’s program.
- Only those candidates are eligible who desire to pursue a Ph.D. in engineering or science.
- PhD programs in the social sciences, humanities, economics, etc.
Process of the Application
- How to Apply
- All required documents must be uploaded online by the candidates.
- By navigating the projects from “Go to Research Areas,” candidates must choose their research projects.
- Reference letters must be sent directly from the referees to SINGA.
- Once SINGA has received at least two reference letters, the application process will begin.
- The online application must receive softcopies of all essential papers. There is no need to apply individually on university portals for applicants who use the SINGA site.
- In order to give your referees enough time to complete and deliver the reference letters, try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline. Once it is received, they will receive an email from you.
- In the application forms, candidates must provide more details about their research plans.
- The candidate may submit up to three research proposals, or more than one.
- You can apply for SINGA without getting in touch with the supervisor.
- There is no requirement for candidates to follow their bachelor’s major in order to apply for a PhD in any topic of interest.
- Requirements Needed
- a duplicate of a current passport
- a current JPG or PNG-formatted passport-size photo.
- The English language is used to translate all academic transcripts.
- The referees will electronically send two letters of recommendation.
- Certificate of English proficiency (if required by the university).
- The SINGA research scholarship in Singapore has a 1 December 2022 deadline for applications.