The University of Western Australia invites high-achieving students with the capacity to make a positive difference in the world to apply for the Forrest Research Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships available for the academic year 2022-2023. This scholarship program is designed specifically for domestic and international postgraduate students who desire to study at the University of Western Australia. Academically brilliant students will be selected for this scholarship award, which includes several allowances totaling more than $50,000.
Excellent opportunity for overseas students to complete their studies in Australia. The University of Western Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of Western Australia, with its main campus in Perth. The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a top 100 university in the world, placing 85th in the highly regarded ShanghaiRanking. Why should you attend the University of Western Australia? The University of Western Australia strives to deliver world-class education, research, and community engagement for the promotion of our communities’ prosperity and wellbeing. Through experience-rich education and world-leading, trustworthy research, UWA is developing the next generation of global leaders.
Forrest Research Foundation Postgraduate International Scholarships
- University of Western Australia
- Founded in 1911, The University of Western Australia is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the small town of Crawley (population range of 2,500-9,999 inhabitants), Western Australia. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Department of Education and Training, Australia, The University of Western Australia (UWA) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. The University of Western Australia (UWA) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Criteria of Eligibility
- Countries Eligible: All domestic and international students are welcome to apply.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Students can apply to the University of Western Australia for a PhD program.
- Criteria for Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be PhD students registered at Western Australia University.
- Students chosen for this fellowship will receive more than $50,000 in total compensation, including a salary, housing allowance, and relocation and research travel allowance. In addition, international students may be eligible for a single overseas student health insurance policy and tuition expenses.
Process of the Application
- How to Apply: Applicants must first apply for admission on the university’s website. All qualifying students will be automatically considered.
- Documentation: Students must present original transcripts of any qualifications received outside of UWA, as well as proof of citizenship/permanent residency and proof of English Language Competence.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate that they have the necessary background and experience in independent supervised research to finish a PhD.
- Language Requirements: Students must submit the following English language competence exam scores:
- TOEFL IBT – 82
- TOEFL PBT-570
- PTE – 64
- IELTS -6.5
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English – C
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English – B grade
Source: Forrest Research Foundation