Deakin University honors students who excel academically and have the ability to make significant contributions to the university and its communities. The Deakin International Scholarship will be offered to unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-International Chancellor’s Scholarship. This grant is available to all Deakin students starting their studies. Scholarship applications should be submitted at least one month before you begin your studies at Deakin.
Deakin University Australia International Scholarships
- Deakin University
- Deakin University is a non-profit public higher education school located in the urban setting of Geelong, Victoria (population range of 50,000-249,999). Burwood and Warrnambool are two more locations where this university maintains branch campuses. Deakin University (Deakin) is a big (uniRank enrollment range: over-45,000 students) coeducational higher education institution that is officially authorized and/or recognized by the Department of Education and Training, Australia. Deakin University (Deakin) offers courses and programs in a variety of fields that lead to officially recognized higher education degrees. For further information, see the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below. International students are welcome to apply for admission.
Criteria of Eligibility
- Be a prospective overseas student at Deakin University for a coursework degree.
- Be eligible to attend Deakin University as a student.
- Have a 65 percent (or comparable) average in previous studies. All requirements must be met.
- Students with consistently strong academic performance and the ability to make a significant contribution to the University and its communities are recognized by Deakin. Those who are chosen will receive:
- A full-tuition scholarship worth 100% or a 50% partial tuition scholarship worth 50%;
- Admission to Deakin’s prestigious student leadership program:
- Professional Excellence Program of the Vice-Chancellor (VCPEP).
- All Deakin Vice-International Chancellor’s Scholarship recipients are required to participate in the VCPEP. During their stay at Deakin, scholars get individualized support to help them accomplish their personal and professional goals. Visit deakintalent.deakin.edu.au/vcpep for more information about the program.
- Successful applicants will receive the following benefits:
- half-tuition scholarship of 25%;
- The Deakin International Scholarship will be offered to unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-International Chancellor’s Scholarship.
Process of the Application
- Documents Required:
- A completed application form for the Deakin International Scholarship Program
- An individual statement (300 words)
- A completed Deakin application, including academic transcripts. You must write your personal statement and it must reflect your personal ideas. It should include:
- Describe why you wish to attend Deakin University.
- An overview of your extracurricular activities and employment experience (paid or voluntary)
- Any other information that would help your application
- Why do you think you would be an excellent spokesperson for Deakin University?