For the academic year 2022-2023, the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China and developing nations is asking students to apply for MOFCOM Scholarships at Xiamen University in China. This fellowship is designed to encourage high-potential individuals interested in pursuing master’s and Ph.D. programs at Xiamen University that are taught in English.
Excellent opportunity for overseas students to finish their studies in China. Xiamen University, founded in 1921, is one of China’s noteworthy institutions designated as a national, central university. It is a significant research and teaching institution with 82 undergraduate programs. Why should you enroll at Xiamen University? The University has a competent faculty and staff that offers students a reasonably comprehensive selection of educational programs. XMU participates extensively in exchange programs and collaborative research initiatives, as well as hosting international symposia on a regular basis to broaden its students’ horizons.
- Xiamen University
- Xiamen University was founded in 1921 and is a non-profit public higher education institution based in the city of Xiamen (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 UNIVERSITAS AMDIENSIS people), Fujian. Xiamen University (XMU) is a very big (uniRank enrollment range: 35,000-39,999 students) coeducational higher education institution that is officially approved and/or recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. Xiamen University (XMU) provides courses and programs that lead to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor’s degrees in a variety of fields. For further information, see the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below. This 98-year-old university has a stringent admissions procedure based on entrance exams. International students are welcome to apply for admission.
Criteria of Eligibility
- Developing countries are eligible to participate.
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in the University’s English-Medium Master’s and PhD programs.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- Under the age of 45, be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China;
- be physically and mentally healthy, as evidenced by a physical examination report from a local public hospital, and not suffer from any of the diseases or conditions specified below:
- Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations prohibit diseases.
- Other serious chronic diseases, such as high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, and diabetes; psychological disorders; and viral diseases that may endanger public health
- Following major surgery or an acute disease attack, during the recovery period
- Physically disadvantaged
- Tuition, teaching materials, research and survey fees, allowance of English-taught program, and dissertation guidance fees are all waived for students.
- On-campus housing is free;
- Stipend per month:
- Every master’s student, 36000RMB per year
- PhD students are paid 42000RMB per year.
- 3000RMB one-time relocation fee per person
- International students receive free medical insurance;
- All students will get a one-time round-trip overseas airfare for a maximum of “n-1.”
- All students must participate in the annual review.
- Those who pass the review may be eligible for full scholarships the following year.
- Other costs will be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or universities, rather than being distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only gives financial aid to students for the duration of their academic program. Students that postpone their graduation will not be sponsored in the future.
Process of the Application
- Students must apply for the program online through the university’s online portal. Then go to www.campuschina.org and select “Scholarship Application for Students” to print a physical copy.
- Students must submit the following supporting documents:
- A photocopy of the highest diploma is required.
- highest diploma photocopy
- Academic transcripts photocopy
- Applicants for admission to the School of Economics or Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics should complete the accompanying Study Plan Form for their Master’s Program Application, as well as a resume detailing their educational background and employment experience after high school.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from your current company and the other from an academic standpoint
- Inbound Traveler Physical Examination Record
- A photocopy of a current normal passport is required.
- No Criminal Records Certificate
- Students must have a previous degree qualification to be admitted.
- Applicants must submit an English proficiency certificate (a TOEFL iBT certificate with a score of 80 or above, or an IELTS certificate with an overall score of 6.0 or above; applicants who have taken all courses in English during their bachelor’s degree studies are exempt from this requirement, but must provide a medium-of-instruction certificate from the University; native English speakers are exempt from this requirement.)