Larry Schaefer and Toni Halleen, founders and partners of Schaefer Halleen, LLC, are zealous champions for victims of discrimination and illegal workplace behavior. Their decades of employment law experience have taught them the necessity of zealously advocating for justice.
Schaefer Halleen is delighted to provide one award each semester to students who are devoted to advocating for and furthering justice for everyone as part of its mission.
Lawrence P. Schaefer – During his lengthy and often groundbreaking career, Larry Schaefer has taken on some of the country’s largest and most powerful corporations, assisting tens of thousands of people in recovering damages caused by illegal corporate behavior. Larry’s detailed and strong client representation in negotiation and litigation has gained him the respect of judges and other lawyers. He only represents those who have been subjected to workplace discrimination.
Toni L. Halleen has worked in the field of employment law for many years, assisting businesses in preventing discrimination and adhering to legal standards in order to improve the workplace. She is now a co-owner and Chief Operating Officer of Schaefer Halleen, where she assists in the management of the business so that the attorneys and staff may effectively advocate for victims of employment discrimination, retaliation, and other workplace issues.
Larry and Toni have committed their careers to educating clients and seeking justice in the face of illegal workplace behavior, including discrimination based on race, religion, gender, and other factors. They are excited to see how the next generation of activism and anti-discrimination students respond to future difficulties in their own distinctive ways. Larry and Toni seek to encourage tomorrow’s leaders by awarding a biennial scholarship to students pursuing a career supporting the promotion of justice.
Schaefer Halleen’s Social Equity Scholarship
- United States
Criteria of Eligibility
- The prize is given out twice a year.
- Everyone is welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be admitted into a US college or law school and be interested in obtaining a degree in gender, religious, or racial justice, or any other accredited program that enhances the quest for justice for all people.
- Two Php 52,424 ($1,000) scholarships are awarded each semester to different students. By July 31st, 2022, the prize recipient will be notified of their choices for the Fall Semester.
Process of the Application
- Apply here: https://www.schaeferhalleen.com/social-equity-scholarship/
- Fill in your:
- First name, last name, current mailing address, City, State, Zip code, phone number, email, school you’re planning to attend, anticipated majors/minors, current GPA
- Up to 1000-word statement describing your experience with progressive social justice activities and your long-term goals and concerns, including how your area of study is expected to benefit social change movements.
Deadline of the Application
June 30, 2022