Wednesday, August 10, 2022
HomeUncategorizedBongbong Marcos confirms attendance at SMNI's Presidential debate; 4 others won't

Bongbong Marcos confirms attendance at SMNI’s Presidential debate; 4 others won’t

-

SMNI will once again host a debate for the presidential candidates this coming March 26. Among the 10, only six confirmed that they would attend the event. The 4 candidates, namely, Vice President Leni Robredo, Manny Pacquiao, Isko Moreno, and Ping Lacson, denied the invitation. 

MANILA, PHILIPPINES — Other presidential candidates are so determined to prove their worth that they will bravely attend any debate or presidential interview.

However, regardless of how determined they were in their statements, it appeared that they parted their tail when challenged to attend SMNI’s platform or issue-based interviews.

A palabra de honor, or word of honor, is comparable with “having a word,” that is, fulfilling a promise or saying. Some presidential candidates were re-tested to see if they had such. This comes on the heels of SMNI’s presidential interviews on Saturday, March 26.

It will be recalled that Senator Manny Pacquiao first emphasized the importance of the debate, which he said demonstrates the sincerity of the candidate. He believes it should be cut so that the public understands a candidate’s true intentions and goals for the country.

Senator Ping Lacson, on the other hand, first stated the significance of the debate at the level of the playing field. No tutor nor a script. He also stated that there should be many face-to-face debates where everyone is present.

Vice President Leni Robredo will have the opportunity to hear their plans during the debates. She stated that, aside from character, dealing with times of crisis is an important aspect of leadership.

Meanwhile, Mayor Isko Moreno stated that those watching the debate are the human resources department, and the candidates are applying for jobs. He asked if the hiring managers would want an employee with whom he had never spoken or seen and who had no knowledge of his experience.

These four candidates, however, are the only ones who did not accept the challenge of “The Deep Probe: The SMNI Presidential Candidate’s Interview,” which will be held on March 26 in Okada, Manila.

One of the panelists of the SMNI Debates, Prof. Clarita Carlos, said that there will be no advance questions for any candidate who will participate and the questioning will be equal for all.

Earlier this week, SMNI again invited presidential candidates to attend SMNI’s presidential interviews, “The Deep Probe.”  

Furthermore, those who have already confirmed their attendance at The Deep Probe: The SMNI Presidential Interviews are former Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella, former Defense Secretary Norberto Gonzales, Dr. Jose Montemayor Jr., Faisal Mangondato, Labor Leader Ka Leody de Guzman, and former Senator Bongbong Marcos.

It will be noted that Bongbong Marcos initially stated that he would only attend presidential debates or interviews if they were platform-based or about their plans for the country. He stated that he was tired of answering controversies that he had previously asked and answered.

Related articles

Stay Connected

138,422FansLike
8,530FollowersFollow
361,888FollowersFollow
8,971SubscribersSubscribe

Latest posts