For the academic year 2022-2023, the University of Muhammadiyah Malang has launched the Asian and African Students Scholarships (AASS) to provide equal chances to students from developing nations. This scholarship program will support overseas students from Asian and African countries in their undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate studies. Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 35 and have applied to a full-time program. The winning students will receive complete tuition reimbursement.
In Malaysia, there is a fantastic opportunity to receive financial assistance. The University of Muhammadiyah Malang, founded in 1964 and established by a figure of Muhammadiyah Leadership in Malang, is the largest Muhammadiyah university in East Java. It is one of the fastest-growing colleges in Indonesia, ranking among the top private universities. Why should you study at the Muhammadiyah University in Malang? UMM is a hub for learning, research, and community involvement that continually radiates positive energy across the neighborhood. It is actually a university because it is a higher education institution dedicated to the development of the Tri Darma of Higher Education and offers well-designed programs.
Asian and African Students Scholarships
- Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang
- Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang (University of Muhammadiyah Malang) is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the urban environment of Malang, a medium-sized city in East Java with a population range of 500,000 to 1,000,000 people. Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 35,000-39,999 students) coeducational higher education institution formally affiliated with the Islamic religion that is officially accredited and/or recognized by the Kementerian Riset, Teknologi, dan Pendidikan Tinggi, Republik Indonesia (Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia). In a variety of fields of study, Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang (UMM) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees.
Criteria of Eligibility
- Asian or African countries are eligible.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for any bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral program offered by the University of Muhammadiyah Malang.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
- For the Bachelor’s program, applicants must be 23 years old by August 15, 2022.
- For the master’s and PhD programs, applicants must be 35 years old by August 15, 2022.
- Citizens of Asian or African nations are required to apply.
- Applicants must be able to show a health certificate issued by doctors or hospitals registered in their home countries.
- The applicants must not be Indonesian citizens, have permanent residence in Indonesia, or be applying for a visa to enter Indonesia.
- While studying, applicants must not be permanent or temporary workers in Indonesia.
- The University of Muhammadiyah Malang will pay the complete tuition fees for the selected candidates, including registration, test, orientation, and laboratories for the program.
Process of the Application
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for admission through the university’s official website. Students must fill out the registration and scholarship application form on the UMM website to be considered for this scholarship.
- Documents to Support Your Application: Students must provide the following documents to the university:
- Photograph taken recently
- Passport photocopy
- Certificate of completion
- Transcripts from school
- Recommendation letter Motivation letter
- Passport and a copy of your birth certificate
- Vetting for security
- Admission Standards: Applicants must meet all university admission requirements for overseas students.
- Students must apply for the university’s English proficiency test, the Test of Academic English Proficiency (TAEP), which is administered by the University of Muhammadiyah Malang’s Language Centre.