Maybank Foundation and the ASEAN Secretariat collaborate on the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship initiative. It’s one of the ASEAN-level projects spearheaded by Maybank Foundation, a newly accredited ASEAN entity, with the goal of “promoting an innovative ASEAN approach to higher education,” which is one of the strategic measures outlined in the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025.
The scholarship program aims to grant full scholarships to young, talented, and worthy ASEAN nationals to complete their undergraduate studies at a prominent university outside of their home countries but within the ASEAN area, promoting intra-ASEAN integration in the process.
The first intake of scholars under the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship program will be in 2022, and the focus will initially be on placing selected scholars in top public universities in Malaysia, Indo Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines, with the program gradually expanding to the remaining ASEAN countries through the ASEAN Foundation and in collaboration with the ASEAN University Network. The ASEAN University Network has 30 member universities from the ten ASEAN Member States, and its secretariat is situated at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok.
The regional scholarship program will support the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Blueprint 2025, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (Goal 4, 10, and 17) to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, as well as the Maybank Group’s sustainability commitment to “improve the lives of 1 million households across ASEAN by 2025.”
ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship Program 2022-2023
- Lao PDR.
- National University of Laos
- Can Tho University
- Vietnam National University, Hanoi
- Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh
- Ateneo de Manila University
- De La Salle University
- University of the Philippines
- Royal University of Law and Economics
- Royal University of Phnom Penh
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Management University
- University of Mandalay
- University of Yangon
- Yangon Univeristy of Economics
- Burapha Univeristy
- Chiang Mai University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Mahidol University
- Prince of Songkla University
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Universiti Malaya
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Universitas Airlangga
- Universita Gadjah Mada
- Universitas Indonesia
Benefits of ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship Program
- A rigorous selection process will be applied to potential scholars. Shortlisted candidates will be screened jointly by Maybank Foundation and ASEAN Foundation, with the final selection to be approved.
- Fully paid tuition fees.
- Allowance for monthly stipend + accommodation.
- Settling-in allowance.
- Return economy class air passage.
- Subsidised medical benefit (out-patient) and accident insurance coverage and other incidental expenses.
- To be eligible for the ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship, applicants must meet all the below requirements:
- A citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states
- Possess excellent academic qualifications and is active in extracurricular activities
- Graduated with a pre-university study with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent
- Field of study listed among the approved disciplines of the programme
- Received admission letter or letter of offer from a university within the ASEAN University Network members
How to apply in ASEAN-Maybank Scholarship
- To begin the application process, click here.
- April, 16 2022
Source: Maybank Foundation